I saw a super cute and tiny 8GB voice recorder from Etekcity and WANTED IT but really needed to find a good excuse to use it, lol. We love tech and new tech is always fun. How can a tiny thumb sized voice recorder be a very important homeschool tool? Well, that’s what I am going to share with you!
These are just a few simple ways to use a voice recorder that popped into my head while my younger two sons and I tried it out. (We were making a silly chicken and duck singing recording thanks to Little Bear’s Diva Hen episode)
1. Pre-record all the year’s Spelling Words for each child- You can easily rename each file once you plug the voice recorder into your PC. Save each child’s Spelling lists into a folder marked with their name and viola an easier way to administer Spelling tests.
2. Allow a child to read their favorite book- If you homeschool more then one child then this will allow a child to practice their reading or phonics while you are doing another household task. You can then go back and listen to your child’s reading in order to plan how to help them with unfamiliar words or phrases.
3. Read Bible passages to help with memorization– Take some time to read your latest Bible passages into the voice recorder so your entire family will have a way to memorize them easier.
4. Faraway Relative– Mail a few books and the voice recorder off to Grandma, Grandpa, or Military parent for them to read into the voice recorder. Then they can mail the voice recorder back and your child can enjoy hearing their voices daily.
5. Preparing for a new baby or surgery- If you are planning on having a new baby or a surgery in the middle of the year, then the Eteckcity voice recorder could be your saving grace! You can record favorite bedtime stories for little ones. You can record special instructions for older children or caregivers while you are recuperating.
What would be your tip for making homeschool easier? Please leave a comment and share your ideas!
Disclaimer: I was provided with a free 8GB USB Voice Recorder from Etekcity for review. I was not compensated for my time and all opinions and ideas are my own. You can purchase this item via our affiliate links within this post.