We had the privilege of staying at Put In Bay Condos right near the airport. Before we arrived we were sent an app to download with all the information we needed. A good thing too cause this place was a little hard to find since there’s not a big sign saying Put In Bay Condos, lol. We recognized the Condos from the pictures from the app and website!
This condo had a nice sized living room, kitchen and dining area. Our condo had two bedrooms: one with two double beds and the other with two queen beds. We also had a full bath and a half bath which makes it very nice for a family of 6! We don’t have this luxury at home. The washing machine was an HE version which took a little bit to figure out but worked very well. We were provided with a golf cart and the linen package which I highly recommend getting BOTH!!! We barely fit everything we needed in our van as it was and we would not have had room for linens on top of all of our stuff.
We have lots of reasons why you should stay at Put In Bay Condos:
1. Keyless entry was great especially for the 5-year-old. Big Red LOVED being able to open the condo door for us. We loved not having an extra key to misplace!
2. Pool was right out the front door. This meant we had to keep a close eye on Big Red and Lil’ Red but they usually stay pretty close to mom and dad while not at home. Unfortunately the weather wasn’t warm enough to allow us a chance to use the pool even though we did see someone clean it during our stay. We did take pictures in the enormous chair.
3. Enjoyed having my morning coffee on the dock. Being a very short walk to Lake Erie was very nice and serene. We were off the beaten path which means it was very quiet and very relaxing. Spent an afternoon wading and looking for shells on the beach area. The weather finally warmed up enough to spend a little time on the lake. Lil’ Red went down for a nap and stayed in the condo with mom. Dad took out the big kids to have an adventure on the beach. They found all sorts of treasures and only 1 snake that quickly hid when people came walking near.
4. There were not one but two large BBQ grills in the outdoor common areas. We didn’t take advantage of these since we forgot to bring condiments for our burgers and hot dogs. Next time we are visiting Put-in-Bay we will be sure to pack better and enjoy the super nice kitchen and outdoor grills!
5. Loved being able to hop on the golf cart and go sightseeing. Yes, we did bring our vehicle over on the Miller Ferry but it was nice to just get on, buckle up, and go. Feeling the lake breeze on you and smelling the lake air is a nice change of pace for us city dwellers.
6. It felt like “coming home” at the end of the day. This is very important for a family with four children. Being able to relax and enjoy your stay away from home makes for an “actual” vacation for the parents. This was our first vacation more then an hour or so away from home since having four kids and one with Type 1 Diabetes.
Disclosure: As part of the #LakeErieLove tour, I received a complimentary stay at Put In Bay Condos. All opinions are my own.