I cannot believe that it’s March already! With Easter and Spring right around the corner it’s time to pull out the plastic eggs and have some fine more activity fun!
I love using items that I have had around the house from other craft projects or activities. I honestly cannot remember where I bought the small plastic eggs that were used in this fine motor activity but they are small enough to fit into a mini muffin pan. They do not pop open and are meant more for decoration then egg hunting.
I set out the eggs, a pair of egg tongs saved from a pack of Dudley egg dye, and a mini muffin pan. Next I called Lil’ Red over and the rest was history! He loved using the egg tongs to grab up the mini eggs and drop then into a slot in the mini muffin pan. What could be simpler then this?
You could easily extend the activity by counting the eggs, sorting them by color, or trying other fine motor tools like scoops, tweezers, or salad tongs. You could add water to see if they float. Whatever you decide to use or if you decide to keep your fine motor activity simple I am sure your child will have fun!
Tools that I used for this activity:
More Fine Motor and Tools Activities:
- Matching Easter Eggs Sensory Bin from Life Over C’s
- Painting Sugar Letters from Still Playing School
- Fine Motor Long Vowel Activity from Learning 2 Walk
- Alphabet Water Sensory Game from Mom Inspired Life
- Create CVC words using Fine Motor Tools from Adventures of Adam
- Pom Pom Color Match Game from Raising Little Superheroes
- Small Eraser Fine Motor Sort from Line upon Line Learning
- Plastic Egg Fine Motor Activity from Something 2 Offer
- Water Bead Pick Up Game from Play & Learn Every Day
- Bead Necklace Fine Motor Practice from Schooling a Monkey
- Intrinsic Hand Muscle Strengthening with Tongs from Sugar Aunts
Leave a Reply