Welcome to Boost Your Blog in 100 Days! I’m so excited you have chosen to take this journey with me and my dear challenge hostesses! I hope to get to meet you a little bit along the way via facebook, twitter, pinterest, and your blogs. My goal for this 100 days is to spruce up our blogs together and kick our usage and understanding of Social Media into high gear.
Guess what folks? Hackers happen to the best of us. Cat’s chew power cords and kids have birthdays. Yep all real-life events that are going on this week around the #BB100 Challenge! I’m pinch blogging so to speak until Honey can safely access her blog again! I promise Honey will catch everyone up to speed on all the awesome tweetiness (just made this up:) she had planned for us all to learn, but for today you have me!
Since I am no way a guru for Twitter and had no intention of teaching anyone about Twitter anytime soon here goes. Some of my favorite Twitter tips from around the web. (Sorry Honey but I had to give these dear folks something).
Here a quick Twitter checklist off the top of my head:
1. What is your Twitter Handle? Your @_______. Does it reflect your blog or brand or platform?
2. Do you have a picture? Is it current?
3. Did you fill in info. on your profile? You gotta have something relevant so people know why they should follow you.
4. Remember Twitter is NOT IM! Yes, tweets go out quickly but please do not tweet just to tweet! YES, reply with a thoughtful comment. YES, Retweet when you see something worth sharing. Please do not reply to everything from everyone.
5. Keep your tweets to 100-120 characters. Use a url shortener like Hoot or Bitly so your characters are eaten by the url.
6. Find a few people from your niche to follow. Engage them by replying or asking them a question. Mention a post you read that was interesting, etc.
Okay, that’s all I got for now. I smell a delicious Chicken Asparagus Dinner calling my name! Check out some more twitter tips below AND watch out for #BB100 TWEETS!
Take the following tips and ideas for what they are worth. I just did a quick google search and read through these quickly to make sure they weren’t totally ridiculous.
10 Twitter Tools to Organize Your Tweeps
The Twitter Followholic: An Epidemic
Safety tips for parents
A couple of those links helped me to understand twitter a little bit more. It’s a good thing Honey has you to catch the ball, huh? I hope she can get her site back soon. I’m sure she does too!
Though I don’t Tweet, I am hanging around to learn how it works. Thanks for the links. New Year’s Resolutions: Reading & Writing
Kay Kathleen says
Thanks for the great tips! Looking forward to figuring Twitter out more!
Theres Just One Mommy says
I’d been wondering where Honey was…. Hope she can safely get her blog back up and running soon! Thanks for a few quick tips!
Great tips for twitter!
Thank you for stopping by the Thoughtful Spot Weekly Blog Hop this week. We hope to see you drop by our neck of the woods next week!