As we continue our learning of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) today I’m going to delve a little more specifically today into Pages and Titles. These aspects of SEO fundamentals will help you overall and in the long run to rank well. If you are interested in other Tagging, I’ll be discussing Meta Tags and Descriptions tomorrow.
For today, I’m going to share with you 10 things you can do to rank better when creating pages or adding titles. Let’s get started!
10 Ways to Increase Your SEO with Pages and Titles
- When writing I can’t stress enough how important it is to maintain relevancy throughout your post or page. Do not get off topic, stay on it.
- When you talk about your topic give people your take on it and explain it how only you can explain it. Coping other people or paraphrasing is good, if you need an example, but the vast majority of the content should be yours and yours alone.
- Whenever you have the opportunity, make sure you place your page under a relevant category on your blog or site. It will help people find it easier.
- Keep your URLs short, no more than 60 characters in length – which means, keep your titles short too!
- Going back to content again… yes I know, I keep beating on this… but you have to have good, quality, well written content. If it isn’t good, if it isn’t relevant to your site and what you do, if it isn’t contributing to what you have to say on a regular basis, move on.
- Images, let’s talk about these for a moment. Unless they link to something else, do not include a URL and always make sure they have an SEO friendly name.
- On pages, it’s important to link back to your home page. Backlinks within a site are helpful and build credibility for your page.
- Include social share buttons. Pages with higher interactions and shares rank higher.
- Okay, I’m back to content again… but no soapbox this time. When writing a page, keep it relatively short between 400-600 words. More people are likely to read it and more people will likely share something they finish.
- Use H1 Tags whoever starting a new section.
I’ll be back tomorrow for Day 7 of SEO for Everyone. I’d like to Thank Thaleia Maher of Something 2 Offer for hosting this challenge as well as the other challenge hostesses who are helping to make this event possible. If you are interested in learning more about blogging, boosting your SEO or simply just want to say hi, please feel free to reach out to me directly.
See you tomorrow,