Today is our last day of SEO for Everyone, but don’t worry, you are now armed with tons of resources, information, tips, and techniques to help you get started and then continue your learning. I thought I’d end this section of the challenge by giving you a checklist of things you need to do, learn, alter or otherwise apply as a beginner when you start optimizing your site. There are more comprehensive lists out there that will give you a full run-down from start to finish. However, I find that many of the lists out there are meant for people who are more familiar with Search Engine Optimization and have more experience working on optimizing a blog or website.
10 Things Every Beginner Should Do to Optimize Checklist
- Install Analytics on your site so you can track traffic.
- Use Google’s Keyword Tool.
- Tag all your images on pages and posts so they align with the SEO keyword.
- Use short URLs (no more than 60 characters) for posts and pages.
- Claim your site or brand name on other platforms and social networks.
- Pages and posts should contain at least 350 words.
- Provide a site map.
- Whenever possible, use text over images but remember your images are important too!
- Don’t stuff your post or pages with keywords, search engines will see it as spammy.
- Always publish superb content that people will find useful or helpful.
That concludes SEO for Everyone. I’d like to Thank Thaleia Maher of Something 2 Offer for hosting this challenge as well as the other challenge hostesses who are helping to make this event possible. If you are interested in learning more about blogging, boosting your SEO or simply just want to say hi, please feel free to reach out to me directly.
See you next time!
Thanks Martiel. You have given us so much information to work with. I’m ready to see what tomorrow brings.
Thanks for the abundance of information you have provided! I am looking forward to the next phase of the challenge. I have learned so much.