My kids love to dress up anytime of year for any reason. We have had many days where an Army man or Superhero has graced us with their presence. When our daughter was younger we had many tea parties with princesses. We also do lots of themed birthday parties like Spiderman, Superman, Princess, Candyland, Farm, Jungle Animals and Pirates where we ask everyone to dress up if they want to!
But what about all you kids at heart? Dressing up can be fun for adults as well. Do you think it’s a little strange. Yes, maybe for some “playing dress up” might be a little weird but not if you have children.Here are 5 reason’s to dress up like a Superhero even as an adult.
1. You lost a bet at work so you have to dress up at your coworkers’ request. Better then shaving your head I would say!
2. Your child did something amazing like acing a Math test and you agreed to wear a costume. Why not? Might as well provide some encouragement while your child is young enough to enjoy your costumed antics.
3. You know of a child facing a rough circumstance like a surgery and you want to provide a little hope and encouragement. What child wouldn’t want to meet a Superhero? Just seeing a child smile who is going through a rough time can really brighten your day as well as life spirits of the families involved.
4. You decide to dress up for a charity benefit raising money for a good cause. There are lots of charities that really do need money. Dressing up for donation could be a great way to help boost your collections.
5. You decide to attend a family event where dress up is the norm like Wizard World’s Comic Con. This year Ohio Comic Con is featuring an Indoor Trick or Treat event where all children 10 and under are admitted free! Friday October 31 from 3pm to 8pm.
What is Wizard World’s Comic Con?
Comic Con is a family-friendly, nationally touring pop culture and comic book convention coming to the the Greater Columbus Convention Center, Friday, October 31 through Sunday, November 2, 2014. As always, kids 10 & under are free, so this is fun for the whole family. This year we are inviting families to enjoy safe indoor trick-or-treating, kids costume contest, spooky decorations and much more!
A super fun family friendly event for anyone who loves superheros, comics, graphic artists, or tv personalities. They have even provided a discount to anyone wanting to attend the Trick or Treat Night! The discount code is OHIOWEEN which gets you 10% off!
My daughter is excited to possibly meet a few WWE Divas or Wrestlers. Eldest is excited about Cosplay, comics, and nice to meet famous people and the chance to get some swag. Big Red loves trick or treat and has been talking about dressing up and getting candy for weeks. Lil’ Red loves “people watching” so this should be a fun filled event for him.
Disclosure: This post is part of a promotional post for Wizard World Ohio Comic Con 2014. I was not compensated for this post but given weekend passes for my family in exchange for this promotional post.
Emma @ P is for Preschooler says
I love the idea of dressing up to celebrate an achievement! You’re right – kids are only going to appreciate their parent wearing a costume for a limited amount of time – you might as well take advantage of it!
I do fitness dares where you dare me to take on a new challenge and I do but in return you have to take on a dare. I was challenged to run a 5k in costume. This seems a perfect addition to your post. I’ll also add my boys dress up everyday because we have a dress up bin full of their favorite heros and accessories, because every day is a reason to be a super hero.
I don’t run but I know some people who do. Sounds like a fun challenge!
My husband works at a school..hmm. wonder if he’d be allowed to dress up if kids met a certain challenge or goal? Wheels are turning,haha.
So much fun! My stepson has been a superhero for the past 3 Halloweens. Thanks for linking up with us at Mommy Needs a Timeout Thursday. Hope to see you again this week. Party starts at 8pm EST on Wednesday!
Twin Tested, Pin Approved
We love costumes at our house. My son is super excited as tomorrow I’m dressing up as a pirate and we are going to take some silly halloween pics. It’s so cool to see how excited the kids get when they know you are part of it too!